Redi Shade 3003236 36-by-64-Inch Room Darkening Vinyl Shade with Cord Dove


inexpensive gets the job done4

I was a little disappointed that this shade does not actually "darken" my room but since I already have another window covering (standard mini-blinds) they do a sufficient job at further reducing the light that makes it into my room at night.



I didn't find the shade quite as easy to cut as some other reviewers indicated. (I used a standard serrated kitchen knife.) Because of this the edges of my shade are a little messy looking. Again this isn't a problem for my installation since the shade is simply hanging behind my blinds anyway. If I intended this shade to remain up long term as my principal window covering however I wouldn't be too thrilled by how cheap it all looks.



So my bottom line is that this is a good deal for the money as long as you know what you're getting.



EDIT ON 8/11/08:



I just wanted to add that only a couple of months after putting this shade up the "stickies" that are used to hold it up failed -- this despite me normally not even moving the shade up and down each day so the only force put on this shade most days was the weight of the shade itself. Very disappointing. I tried to find something to put and keep the shade back up and ended up just using a couple of nails so this thing would for sure stay put. I therefore would downgrade this to 3 stars.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List